Selling your home is pretty challenging and you need to consider every aspect quite deeply and keenly. Among numerous points that add value to your home, the curb appeal delivers the first impression of your house which often attracts the potential buyers and compels them to enter the house to check on the rest of the things. Sadly homeowners usually overlook the home’s landscaping procedures while they are preparing for the home sale process which I believe is one of the hurdles and slows down the entire selling course. Get hold of the latest home improvement trends via loews.com
Perfect time to begin working on your home’s landscaping is at least a month before you plan to sell your house to make things well organized right in time and escape the last moment hassles. If we talk about getting some good pieces of ideas, here is what you can do;
Where you can look for good landscaping ideas
1. Well, books, magazines, television, and the internet; you can find a lot of information especially on the web which will guide you through the latest techniques and trending styles. Get hold of the latest landscaping trends via loews.com
2. How about consulting a professional in the landscape design? If you cannot afford one, at least try to drive to your nearest nursery and cultivate some ideas from there.
3. Discussing it with some real estate agent can also be pretty helpful. Since the agents are into the business, they come across with many potential buyers and notice their reactions on the home landscapes. Thus, they are more experienced and can advise you ina better way.
4. Another option is to observe what other people are doing. You can stop by and inquire about their ideas, their intentions and the efforts they have put in to make an ideal display.
Essential Landscaping Tips That Can Help Sell Your Home
Undeniably an attractive and well-kept landscape adds in value to your home. So here we are with some simple tips to get you through. Check it out!!
Make a master plan
Making a master plan is a key to gain the maximum of results. You can design and add each course of action that needs to be implemented in creating a remarkable landscape. Well, of course, planning things in advance will make you more confident as well as help you attain your goals proficiently.
Take one at a time
Whether you are about to start your work on a new site or to refresh the older one, go step by step and get things along one at a time. This way you will remain focused and eventually reach out to the best of the finished design.
It is time to clean up
Once you are done with planning things out, begin with cleaning up to improve your landscape. Get this great AgiiMan Gutter Cleaning Tool Pressure Washer – Extension Wands, Roof Cleaner Lance Nozzle – 4000 psi 5 Tips, Window Washing Accessories, Power Washer from Amazon.
AgiiMan Gutter Cleaning Tool Pressure Washer – Extension Wands, Roof Cleaner Lance Nozzle – 4000 psi 5 Tips, Window Washing Accessories, Power Washer
1. If your landscape includes a lawn, you must keep it well maintained. Mow the lawn to about 2 inches as mowing lower than this will make it sensitive and invite dry spots and weeds.
2. If you find any brown spots on the lawn, take out all the dead grass and reseed that area.
3. Neatly trim down the leaves and branches.
4. Pull out the weeds from the flower beds, your driveway or around the deck. Also, make the soil of the flower beds look tidy.
5. Do not forget to check on the patio stones. Their mossy surface will require cleaning as well.
6. Ifit includes the water function, get rid of the algae and change the filters so that it should be crystal clear
7. Lastly, remove all the overgrown plants that are blocking the windows so that the sun can light up the interior of your home.
Paint and repairs
Decks and patios are one of the highest selling features which definitely need instant improvement. So watch for any repairs it requires. Mend the cracked pieces or replace the rotten ones. Moreover, to brighten up it more, add a new coat of cheerful color paint. Get this great KILZ Over Armor Smooth Wood/Concrete Coating, 1 gallon, Chocolate Brown from Amazon.
Annual Bedding Plants
Plantation of fast growing plants into flower beds that will create a colorful, seasonal display will offer a true mesmerizing appearance. Although it is up to your choice but still we prefer going with inexpensive options like petunias and pansies.
A touch of mulch
How about adding a layer of mulch to the flower beds, and around the trees? It will revive the exterior of your house for sure. You can find mulches in a variety of colors and materials. The non-dyed one will give a natural look; however, the colored ones will add contrast to the area.
Lights and outdoor containers
OYOCO Warm White Patio Umbrella Light 3 Brightness Modes Cordless 28 LED Lights at 200 lumens 4 x AA Battery Operated,Umbrella Pole Light for Patio Umbrellas,Camping Tents
Some buyers may stop by at night. So do not forget to place some lights along your driveway and side paths to light up your home’s landscaping. You can get a complete range of warm light sources from 1stoplighting.com or the xxx as well.
On the other hand, placing some colorful outdoor containers will provide a crisp look and will appear to be more inviting to the visitors.
Well, having a spectacular home landscape doesn’t guarantee that your home will sell, but it definitely goes a long way in delivering a remarkable first impression.