How to select furniture for your living room Whether you have a small living room or a big one, if you don’t have the right manner to place furniture in it then its all for nothing. Furniture is the most important thing for any of your rooms. Usually, furniture can be very convenient for holding stuff, sitting and lying around. The original beauty of any room depends on how you put furniture in it. On the other hand, the living room is the most important place in your house, which is used by guests, friends and family members to sit around having moments. A common living room consists of Sofa, accent chairs, coffee tables, outmans, curtains and other accessories. So choosing furniture for your living room should be in the best manner. Here in our blog, we will give you some ideas and tips to select the best furniture for your livening room.
First of all, you should know that good design is not always about bigger places, it’s an act between your place and the objects in it. The whole composition will be responsible for the way you are perceiving the room and how you feel inside it. So we should now talk about the elements or furniture that you put in your living room:
1. Sofa: A sofa is the larger and the most necessary element of the living room. First of all, you should select your sofa by contrasting it with the paint that you are having on your living room’s walls. When you are selecting your sofa you should avoid selecting a sofa that has a solid look or dark colors, it shouldn’t be a heavy sofa so that it doesn’t feel like havinga huge thing in your living room. Just remember that designing in a small place is all about visual manipulation.
A really good considering sofa has properties like, light visual weight, natural light colors, it should be with legs and has the exact right proportions Selecting sofa with legs, feels like less heavy in space than pieces which sit right onto the floor. Be careful with the scale of it. It is very important to maintain the proportion between your space and sofa.
HONBAY Convertible Sectional Sofa Couch, L-Shaped Couch with Modern Linen Fabric for Small Space Light Grey
2. Accent Chairs Our next recommendation is about accent chairs. It can add a unique pair that can make a difference in your living room. You should maintain color, texture or a specific style while selecting the accent chairs. First of all, if you are selecting an accent chairs, your first approach should be to think light. Anything putting a big and dark effect in will feel so awkward in the living room. This way you can feel good having different activities in your living room. And its an extra seat around the sofa and coffee table too.
The best kind of accent chairs is conspiring chairs. It looks great in a smaller place and these are functional and stylish at the same time. If you are using glass accent chairs, your eyes give your mind a tricky mock that you are having a bigger place then its original space because they take serial visual space. As the visual weight relates to the way an object attracts and interacts with our eye.
3. Curtains: In a living room, mostly you should think vertically. To take advantage of a vertical place, you should avoid curtains that too short because if you are having a small living room then its not a good idea. To give the guests illusions that you are having taller ceilings, place the curtain rods 6 to 10 inches above the window frame. Keep the curtain design basic and with the extra fabric.
4. Coffee table: About this element, look for something transparent and acrylic. Because of that, it gives the illusionof having a bigger space. If you have a visual space for a solid coffee table, you should look for simple and with delicate lines. You should avoid a solid coffee table design with a high visual weight. And instead of that, make space feel larger so that the table looks disappear in the space, which is the perfect idea for selecting a coffee table for your living room?
Another better idea to select a piece that can serve multiple purposes. The illusion of furniture is very important when it comes to a smaller space design because they have the ability to adapt to any situation depending on their activity.
VASAGLE Industrial Coffee Table with Storage Shelf for Living Room, Wood Look Accent Furniture with Metal Frame, Easy Assembly, Rustic Brown ULCT61X, 41. 8″ L x 23. 7″ W x 17. 7″ H
5. Rugs: The next element for your furniture room is rugs. Choosing a larger rug is a trick that makes a rug feel bigger. Unlike the smaller rugs of larger size, usually, breakups the floor and don’t give a good proportion to space. Use one big rug instead of placing several small rugs, to make the rooms looks bigger. Several rugs make a small room look prompt. If you don’t have a large one then don’t put rugs in the home until you find the one with the correct size. Using a light color for the rug makes the living room brighter and more spacious. Such as neutrals, half white, creamy colors are the best.
6. Decoration pieces: Greenery makes even the smaller place looks brighter and precious. So hang some decoration pieces with the real plants in it in your living room. Different attractive designs of paper rocks look also good on the coffee table. If you have a picture or frame of a beautiful scenery then its actually the best thing that you have for your living room as a decoration piece.
After these recommendations, you surely find yourself perfect for selecting your furniture in the living room. Just make sure that it doesn’t matter if you have a dark color favoring or a light one, you just have to generate the perfect looking environment according to your nature.