If your bathroom aesthetic no longer energizes you or is in urgent need of an update to bring it into this century, overhauling the vanity is a great way to give the space a lift. Evacuating your washroom sink vanity may appear to be a major assignment. However, if you pursue these means, this DIY project can be effectively thumped out in a solitary end of the week. If you are interested to redo your bathroom tub, you must read my How to Redo a Bathroom Tub article.
It’s a smart thought to have an arrangement for how to manage your vanity in the wake of evacuating it. You might most likely give away your utilized sink and vanity if it isn’t excessively obsolete to Habitat for Humanity or rundown with the expectation of complimentary pickup on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist. If it’s worn out, you may be able to put it out to the curb. However, if detaching your vanity is only the beginning of a noteworthy washroom makeover, you might need to think about leasing a dumpster to deal with your home redesign trash. You might like U-Eway 24″ Bathroom Vanity available on Alibaba.
U-Eway 24″ Bathroom Vanity with Ceramic Undermount Vessel Sink Combo,Chrome Faucet Drain with Overflow,Bathroom Cabinet with Mirror,2 Drawers,20-inch Deep Cabinet &1.5 GPM 30% Water Saving Faucet
Before you bounce into the messy work of this activity, there are a couple of things you do to shield the remainder of your restroom from the residue and flotsam and jetsam.
• Expel all your restroom supplies from your vanity, sink, or open racks.
• Spread any light apparatuses, vents or fans that aren’t being expelled or supplanted with a material canvas.
• Force any towels off towel racks or entryways.
• Take out any junk jars, shower mats, carpets or scales so the floor is clear.
• Wrap material coverings over your bath or shower.
5 Simple Steps to Remove Your Bathroom Vanity
The 5 straightforward strides to expel your restroom vanity are as follows:
1. Separate Plumbing
• This progression is likely what will require the most time. Pursue these means to effectively separate your pipes before expelling your sink and vanity.
• Turn off the water shutoff valves underneath your sink.
• If your sink’s plumbing does not have a shutoff valve you’ll have to check whether the shutoff valve for your restroom is found elsewhere in the room or in another room on that floor. In the event you can’t find it, you’ll have to shut off your home’s water main.
• Once you’ve shut off the water, unscrew the drain stopper.
• Channel any overabundance of water in your p-trap into your container or pasta pot.
• Extricate nuts to separatefittings with your flexible wrench.
The Most Effective Method to Remove a Vanity with Floor Plumbing
The plumbing for most bathroom sinks is normally directed through the wall. But in some cases, particularly if the bathroom wall is on an outside wall, the plumbing for your vanity may be on the floor instead. This is to prevent outdoor temperatures from freezing the pipes. Bathroom PVC Shower Hose is a great choice for those looking for plumbing on Alibaba. If the plumbing in your vanity is on the floor rather than on the wall, utilize these means to evacuate your vanity once you’ve disconnected the plumbing.
• Check the size of the openings cut in the base of the vanity.
• If the openings are unreasonably little for the shutoff valves to fit through, one choice is to remove the valves first before removing the vanity. This will expect you to close the next closest water shutoff or turn off the main water supply and place plumbing caps over the supply lines to keep debris out of the pipes as you work.
• If the openings are excessively little yet you would prefer not to expel the pipe valves, you can cut larger openings into the bottom of the vanity cabinet instead. This is the most effortless alternative and perfects if you plan on pitching your old vanity at any rate.
• If the openings are huge enough to accommodate the pipe valves, you can move onto the next steps.
TRIPHIL Kink-free Shower Hoses 59″ Extra-long for Handheld Shower Head Hose Replacement Flexible Metal Bath Tub Hose Tube Extension Anti-twist Brass Connectors Stainless Steel Brushed Nickel 59-Inch
2. Bring Down The Vanity Mirror
Since your pipe is leveled out, it’s a great opportunity to move to the mirror. If your mirror is a separate piece and you are anticipating supplanting it, bring it down before you begin vanity removal. Try to put on your gloves and safety glasses and have somebody accessible to help with this progression to guarantee you can securely expel the mirror without dropping or breaking it. Moselle Wall Mirror With Shelf is available on Houzz for vanity mirror lovers.
DecoBros 9.8-Inch Two-Sided Swivel Wall Mount Mirror with 7x Magnification, 13.5-Inch Extension, Nickel
Expelling a Mirror That is Glued to the Wall
• Spread the mirror by pressing the tape in an “X” shape as a safety measure against it breaking during the expulsion.
• Insert your wooden shims in any gap between the mirror and the wall. Ensure they are cozy, however, and don’t constrain them in.
• Work your pry bar behind the glass using another shim to protect the wall. Work along the top and sides of the mirror delicately, discharging a tad at any given moment.
• Support your mirror at the top as you near the base to prevent it from completely separating from the wall and falling.
• Carry your mirror cautiously out of the bathroom to your dumpster or safely into another room if you are looking to reuse it.
3. Expel Tile or Backsplash
Once your wall is mirror-free, it’s a great opportunity to remove your tile and backsplash. • Expel the grout betweenthe tiles on the backsplash using your grout scraper. This will extricate the tiles and enable you to pry them off one at a time, causing less damage to your wall.
• Separate the caulk between the base row of tiles and your countertop.
• Supplement your putty knife behind the first tile and wiggle gradually to release the tile from the wall, working in a flat line. If needed, you can carefully use a hammer to gently tap the putty knife behind the tiles that are stuck.
• Use your putty knife to carefully scrape off leftover mortar from the wall and leave the surface as smooth as reasonably be expected. You can get Wiper Blade for Bathroom wall cleaning from Alibaba’s online store.
HIWARE All-Purpose Shower Squeegee for Shower Doors, Bathroom, Window and Car Glass – Stainless Steel, 10 Inches
4. Disengage Sink Hardware or Take Off the Vanity Top
Next, it’s time to get rid of your old bathroom sink hardware, or if your sink and vanity top are one piece, remove your whole vanity top.
The Most Effective Method to Disconnect Your Bathroom Sink and Hardware
• Expel any clips that hold the sink to your vanity’s countertop and break any caulk or sealant with your utility blade.
• Gradually lift your sink straight up from the counter. Make a point of having your partner close by to help lift it, as sinks can be profound.
The Most Effective Method to Remove the Vanity Top
• Utilizing your utility blade, chop the caulk lengthwise down the center of all joints. There may also be caulk running down the side of the vanity cabinet along the wall. Make sure not to cut into the wallboard as you are cutting the caulk.
• Look under your vanity top to check if there are brackets that hold the top of the cabinet. If so, unscrew and evacuate. Artificial Stone bathroom vanities is a great choice available on Alibaba for those looking to find bathroom vanity designs.
• Lift the vanity top free from the cabinets cautiously to minimize wall damage.
5. Expel Bathroom Vanity from the Wall
When the sink and vanity top are gone, you can easily access the vanity cabinet that is left. Make sense of where the cabinet is attached to the wall and if the countertop is connected to the wall with screws or nails. When clasp is removed, the vanity cabinet should be easy to remove from the wall. If it’s too huge to fit through your doorway and you aren’t planning to reuse it, you may need to utilize a responding saw to cut it into little pieces.
Tidy Up Your Debris and Repair Your Wall
The intense part is finished, it’s time to proceed onward to the cleanup and repair any damage to your walls or floor. • Survey any damage to your flooring or subfloor.
• Remove any residual caulk from the wall.
• Fix any damaged drywall.
• Vacuum up any dust or flotsam and jetsam deserted.
It’s the ideal opportunity for some fresh paint and replacing your bathroom vanity with a new fixture to give your bathroom the update you were longing for.