Home improvement, like life, is an evolution task and series. Definitely, you have some special feelings as well as attachments to your home. These special feelings motivate you to do something beautiful and improve your home. Improvement usually means to do the things that you did not do before. When you talk about how to improve your home in just a few days, it is very crucial to pay heed on different weekend projects that help you out in this important task.
32 Weekend Projects for Home Improvement
1.Reorganize your Book-shelves:
Reorganizing the book-shelf is a way that brings glow and novelty in home improvement. With a few tips & tricks, you can effectively change your book-shelf game.
- Painting the back wall of the book-shelf with different colors makes it more attractive and captivating. It intensifies the charm and delight of the eyes.
- Using the artwork in styling your book-shelves will not cost much. Putting them on the back of the shelf and use small decorative items in front will be the best way to create interest when you want to enhance the depth of the shelf.
- Stacking books horizontally & vertically and decorating them in odd numbers with the additional use of some greenery help to balance the weight of the shelf.
2. Clean & paint:
If you want to do inexpensive changes that might not bother your pocket, cleaning as well as painting your house is the best way to give it a quick fresh look.
- Painting of window frames and the front door & baseboards of your home make a big difference and you will be amazed to see how much change it can bring in your home.
- Adding some decorative eloquence to the cabinets and to (cabinets) that have glass doors, you can add cute & creative decore or conversation starter elements.
- Cleaning is the best tool that enhances the beauty of your home. If you are thinking about selling your home this year, focus on the simplest & cheapest visual upgrades.
3. Grow Home plants:
If there is any lonely spot in your home, you should not think twice to give purpose to that corner. Your indoor garden dream is about to become the reality.
- Add some home plants like Philodendrons, lilies, & Jade to beautify the place & these are the cheapest maintenance options.
- Most of the home plants are fairly easy to keep alive. You do not need the highest skill level.
4. Add new Family photos to your Old ones:
Photos with the family are the sweetest thing that cherishes us all & we want to have them all time. You have to adapt a clever idea for displaying family pictures when you have the creative decor at home.
- Gallery walls, stairways & walkways are the best and enough places to display family pictures as well as you can use them in an elegant way.
- If you are placing multiple pieces on the same wall, make sure you are using photo frames of the same colors and the same sizes.
- Balance is the key to any successful interior. You do not need to fill all of the walls with pictures.
5. Care everything in Your home, even the Trash Bins:
The trash bin is an essential part of the home. You can say goodbye to your ugly & boring trash bin by using the following instructions.
- Building a fenced area for the trash bin hide it & give it a designated place.
- Hanging a curtain around your trash bin or hide it under a cabinet with a curtain to block it from sight is a way to use it.
- Wrapping rope around the wired trash bin beautify it and completely change its look.
6. Jazz up Your home Curtains:
The fastest & easiest way of giving a change to your home is to jazz up curtains. It will prove a major facelift.
- Tea Towel curtains are the easiest to add in the collection. They do not need any sewing. Just bring them & attach hooks with them.
- Buy an inexpensive roller blind & use your own imagination to make a perfect window covering.
7. Brighten with Natural light the Darkroom of Your home:
Natural light brings warm feelings, lifts your spirits, and even improves your health. There are many potential buyers who love natural light and also ready to pay for it when they are buying a home for themselves.
- Adding more mirrors and shiny objects can help to bounce natural light and make the room bigger.
- Dark shaded paint on walls as well as ceiling give dull look. White, light tan or light grey enhance natural lights of your home. Paint on the ceiling should be more light than the walls.
8. Plate display on the empty wall of Your Home:
Do you have some blank or problem walls in your home and confuse about what to display on it? Let me help you out. Plate Display is an excellent option.
- Plate display definitely adds some spice in your home decor and give it uniqueness. Its cost depends on your ambition as well as creativity.
- Adhesive discs can be used to display plates on the wall. Discs have glue on the back that will be activated when you add some water on it.
9. Improve the appliance of Your Home:
Improve the appliance of your home without burdening on your pocket is not impossible.
- A new faucet gives a fresh look to your kitchen and you do not have to go super high end.
- You can improve the functionality by painting on some appliances of your home.
10. Paint Your home Front door:
Maintenance is a really important factor when you talk about home improvement, including your front door.
- Decide the color of the paint you want on your Front door and check the weather forecast as clear and sunny days are the ideal choice.
Must Read: Top 7 Home Office Makeover Products
11. Adding smart Thermostat for Home Improvement:
Smart technology like Thermostate adds convenience and it is a great way to stay energy-efficient.
- It will help to save 23% savings of the homeowners on their heating as well as cooling.
- A smart Thermostat can function without Wi-Fi.
12. Replace outdated Light Fixtures with the new-ones:
New Light fixtures convert the feel and look of space, increase the value of your home, and they do not have to burden to your pocket.
- As a homeowner, you can also replace your outdated fixtures. But in some instances, you have to need a professional.
- Spray paint is the best option to do paint whenever needed on fixtures.
13. Swap out Hardware of your Home:
Swapping out outdated hardware improves & increases the visual interest of your home. A single piece of furniture or any addition in the kitchen upgrades and beautify your home.
- Pre-planing is a good way to swap out hardware. It does not burden you and you can get access to your new hardware.
- You should not be worried about matching when you are purchasing new Hardware as new Hardware mixing with everything enhances your home more.
14. Replacement of Window dressing:
Replace old blinds with the new ones is a good way toward home improvement. There are a lot of options if you do not want to use curtains on your windows.
- Roman blinds, curtain panels, shutters, and window films, etc are good replacements of curtains. You can use them according to your own choice.
- You can also use curtains as well as blinds at the same time on your window blanks. Both of them can bring out the elegant decor and privacy control.
15. Upgrade Bathroom accessories:
Do you have outdated bathroom accessories? Then it is time to swap out old faucets, hardware, and fixtures.
- Upgrading the bath mat and towel can bring out a change in your bathroom accessories and do not disturb your budget also.
- Using the best quality faucets bring convenience to home members.
16. Do not forget your Doorknobs:
Doorknobs are an essential part of the door and it gathers attention when someone wants to open the door. You should pay attention to it while improving your home.
- It should be of good quality to work in a better way.
- You should use elegant doorknobs, not much expensive, but they should be easier to manipulate for an elder with arthritis or man with full of hands.
17. Remodeling your kitchen:
The kitchen is always the heart of the home. You should give more consideration to it.
- Use the paint with a fresh color that adds brightness and air into your kitchen.
- Energy-efficient appliances are the best choice for the kitchen.
18. Area rugs for room enhancement:
Make a plan to choose the size and color of area rugs as they affect the whole environment of your room.
- Place the rug in the center of the living room to bring the aesthetic feelings in your home.
- Rugs with light color help to make your place more prominent and look bigger than actual.
19. Hang a cup hook:
The addition of cup hooks under shelves and kitchen cabinets helps to clear cabinet space and you can use them by hanging your cups over them.
20. Welcome home mat on doorsteps:
On the home entrance, the doormat develops the feeling of homely and warmness when you enter your home. You can use your own creativity and budget to create beautiful doormat.
21; Use of Refrigerator magnets:
Magnets on the refrigerator can spruce up and beautify your kitchen. It is an easy budget-friendly way to home improvements. Through it, you can add some colors as well as conversations on blank space.
22. Personalize a flower Pot:
You do not need to be an artist when you want to personalize your flower pot. You can use paint, paintbrushes, and flowers to use in the pot and you can create a conversational piece.
23. Glass Cabinet doors:
If you have solid carpentry skills, changing out the panels of doors is not a big issue for you. Replacing the inside panel with glass is an interesting and instant home improvement idea. It is especially for your kitchen but you can use it anywhere in the home.
24. Stove overhead Hood:
It is also another essential and fabulous project that can affect the whole of the kitchen and change its appearance. You can also add some colorful decorative tiles for stove overhead hood enhancement.
25. Door snake:
Door socks or snake helps to keep the cooling or heating temperature outside and also keep away the dirt or debris to enter into your home or might to blow underneath the door. So it is very simple as well as a beneficial tool for home improvement.
26: Wallpaper the door to improve home:
It is a really inexpensive tool to make your door more attractive. You can use peel and stick wallpaper for this. But make sure to check the adhesive that is important for wallpapering the door.
27. Hang Your Lights:
You can make your own Light hangs or you can purchase them. It is up to your creativity and on your budget. They add more light to your home as well as beautify the environment. You can make free up space of the tables and countertops in this way.
28. Make Your Windows appear Bigger:
This project is referred to as upsizing windows by adding longer curtains. It is not a difficult task but you should have some basic knowledge to tackle this one.
29. Decorate Your Stairways:
You have many options to decorate your stairways. And this project not only takes your little time but also it is inexpensive. You can use fabrics, stickers, or any other desired decoration for your stairs.
30. The area behind or beside the Stove:
The kitchen is the most important part of your home so all projects that are related to it, is also significant. You can personalize the area behind or alongside your stove as you decorate the kitchen overhead hood.
31. Make a Display Stand:
This project of home improvement is closely related to your creativity. You can use this display stand for anything and put it anywhere in your home. Different paints, colors, and many extra things you can opt for decorating your Display stand.
32. Mirrored Tiles:
Mirrored tiles are another tool through which you can enhance any dull corner of your home. They are quick to apply and you can display them according to your own taste.