Waving goodbyes to the winter; a very warm welcome to the spring!!
It is time to enjoy the beautiful backyard family get-togethers, friend’s barbequed parties or simply spending some precious time with your loved ones, talking and munching on the scrumptious foodie delights. Indeed a fun-filled season is here!!
So no matter whatever are your big plans for this auspicious time, you first need to plan out things for how to get your deck or patio ready for the spring to make everything presentable and of course lovable.
The deck or a patio is definitely an excellent addition to your home, but due to its constant exposure to various climatic conditions especially the harshness of winters, it requires a tremendous amount of attention and sturdy maintenance procedures. However, the processes are pretty simple, and you do not need to hire any professional for that. The easy do-it-yourself tactics will let you create wonders by placing a little effort and time. Additionally, generating affordable, attractive ideas to add more spice will be highly praised.
So, in this post, you will get a step by step guide for getting your deck or patio ready for the spring.
Tip to Get Your Deck or Patio Ready For Spring
Are you all set to greet the spring with open arms? Surely you need to prepare and beautify your deck or patio, reaching up to the mark for quality times and gatherings. Here is what you can do to make it look perfect!!
Check the Structure:
1. Firstly remove all the furniture and plants from your deck or patio to havea clear open area to examine each part closely for any damages. The checking of the structure is extremely vital for those who have wooden decks. Since wood is exposed to severe temperatures and moistures, it is subject to several changes like shrinkage or swelling. Thus you need to watch for the wood rot which can be seen in multiple ways, for instance, discoloration and soft spots of the wood, and also the loose or broken parts. However on the other hand if it’s a patio, look for the crack and exterior damages.
2. If there are any signs of the rots on your wooden deck, it is vital to replace those areas for the matter of your safety. Simply cut down the size equivalent to the damaged portion and substitute it. As for the cracked patio, you can use crack filler.
3. Lastly, if you find any nails popping out of your wooden deck, the best option is to switch them with the ones that have a strong grip, i.e. longer and thicker ones. If you are looking for wood supplies for your deck than the best place to start is tedswoodworking.com
Star brite Non-Skid Deck Cleaner & Protectant – Wash Grime out of Non-Slip Surfaces & Protect from Future Stains
Cleaning your Deck or Patio:
1. Once you are done with all the repairs, the next step is to clean up your deck. Remove all the debris between the deck boards. You can use a putty knife for that.
2. Next, use a broom to clear the entire surface.
3. Other than the rot, mildew appears, especially after severe winters. Don’t worry!! It is easier to deal with than the rotted areas. Some people use bleach, but I would suggest you use a wood cleaner that is specifically recommended for the decks. Gently clean the fungi using a deck scrub brush.
4. Then move on to the sweeping and washing procedures. It is highly advisable to use theappropriate cleaner like the ones composed of strong chemicals can harm the wood of the deck.
You can easily clean your wooden deck by using Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System from Amazon.com and make your life easy.
Re-stain the Finish:
1. After the washing has been done, let it dry.
2. Next, reapplying the stain finishes or the toner is a good idea.
3. Try to put a thin layer. Two thin coatings are better than one thicker coat.
Clean Off the Furniture:
1. Cleaning your outdoor furniture is equally essential. Take off all your cushion covers and other textile stuff to wash them thoroughly.
2. Wipe your furniture for the dust and debris
3. If necessary, replace the old or broken furniture. Alternatively, if you are thinking about adding up a coat of paint, use fresh and bright colors.
Give an Upgrade:
1. After all the repairs and cleaning is done, finally it is time to enhance the look of your deck or the patio. So think about the ideas to make it more gorgeous than the last year.
2. Changing the color scheme will genuinely give it a new look. Select bright and fun-filled colors
3. Adding lights is another excellent idea for beautiful warm evenings. So, how about stringing twinkle lights around the fence or using solar lights for your secure night chit-chat time?
4. Bright colored pillows, candles, and a cozy welcome carpet will give a soothing feel.
5. Displaying plants on your deck or patio freshen up your outdoor space. However, place repellent plants to keep the bugs away.
6. Are you longing for a shade? Consider using a big umbrella for that.
7. Lastly, you can décor the area with baskets, vases and related beautiful stuff to give it a complete, polished look.
You can also check up on the proces of accessories from an all-in-one website like build.com or wayfair.com.